Thursday 17 November 2016

First impressions of the Fuji X-T2

I've had the Fuji X-T2 for about a month now, and it will be used alongside my X-T1 for landscape work as well as weddings and portraiture. The Fuji X-T1 has been a wonderful camera and produced many landscape images that have sold really well in my gallery in Wells next the Sea, North Norfolk. The X-T2 will provide me with a camera that offers higher resolution, something not necessarily crucial for wedding and portrait work, but great for making big landscape images.    

Initial impressions are very positive, the 24mp sensor a welcome upgrade over the 16mp of the Fuji X-T1. Images are sharp straight out of the camera, and there is little need to sharpen them any more in software. Ergonomically the two cameras are very similar, which is a great thing, especially if they are being used together on the same shoot. I've not yet tested the autofocus capabilities of the new camera, not having shot a wedding with it yet, but once I do I will let you all know what my impressions are.

Albatros will full moon behind, Fuji X-T2 with Fujinon 10-24mm F4 lens, tripod and cable release
Albatros will full moon behind

The image of the Albatros was taken as the full moon (super moon) rose behind it. Coupled with the Fujinon 10-24mm F4 lens, I was able to get in close, almost under the boat to add real impact. This wide angle lens is an absolute cracker, and coupled with the X-T2 makes a formidable setup.  


No comments:

Post a Comment