Saturday 18 April 2015

Dusk at East Quay

Blessed with what was turning into a lovely sunset, I decided to wander down towards East Quay in Wells-Next-The-Sea. I set up the tripod, and pointed the camera away from the town, towards the East. I wanted to try and capture the lovely, bruised purple and pink tones of dusk, as the light was beginning to fade. The sunset corresponded to high tide, and I was fortunate that there was no wind. As night fell, a slower shutter speed was required to expose the scene correctly, resulting in the advancing tide taking on a smoother, slightly milky appearance. An N.D. Grad was used to control the sky, and a shutter release attached to the camera, to avoid any unwanted shake.

I'm really pleased with how this image has turned out. Looking at it again, both on screen, and in print, I can't help but be reminded of the glorious sunset that I had been privileged enough to witness, this fine Spring day.  

Dusk at East Quay, Fuji X-T1 with Fujinon 10-24mm F4 lens
Dusk at East Quay

 

No comments:

Post a Comment